The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Main lift at Beech???

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

swamphox
Expert

perhaps it was down due to the water main burst
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

SalisburySkier wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:17 pm Check the cam now (Friday @ 2:20), you can see the line to the open lift starting to stretch up the mountain and across the beginner slope. This is exactly what I was afraid of.
Did you end up going to Beech? How were the crowds? Did they open the main lift? I assume it was closed due to incident that occurred on Friday with the water line.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Wanakenatransplant wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:44 am
SalisburySkier wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:17 pm Check the cam now (Friday @ 2:20), you can see the line to the open lift starting to stretch up the mountain and across the beginner slope. This is exactly what I was afraid of.
Did you end up going to Beech? How were the crowds? Did they open the main lift? I assume it was closed due to incident that occurred on Friday with the water line.
The water line issue didn't happen until late in the day.
WOOOOOO!

Ga Skier
Intermediate
Tagline: Days on Snow...... Never Enough

Now the weather channel has got it on their video feed.Go to the weather channel and scroll down.Im sure Beech loves it. Luckily they didn't give the name of the ski area.
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

Ga Skier wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:40 pm Now the weather channel has got it on their video feed.Go to the weather channel and scroll down.Im sure Beech loves it. Luckily they didn't give the name of the ski area.
They should have. Beech runs a lazy, sloppy, and dangerous resort and should be called out on it. From many experienced over the years, their employees seem to care less than any other resort I have been (20+ resorts over the years).
SalisburySkier
Beginner

I didn't make it to Beech yet and was mad at myself when I saw both lifts running on Saturday. Beech has the same problem every ski resort has in the SE.....not enough room and too many skiers. Especially first time skiers. But if you live in NC, don't forget that something is better than nothing! Gotta keep those ski legs prepared for trips out west!
Also, a rainy, crowded day on the slopes is still 1,000 times better than a sunny day, or powder day at work. I will be at Beech Monday (if road conditions allow), and I plan to make the best of a crowded situation. Let me know if anyone wants to make some turns and please, no one ski into the snowmaking pipes while I am riding the lift!