The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

NC Ski Resorts Operating Outlook for Dec 30th - Jan 1st

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
ShredPirateRoberts
Beginner

Hi Skisoutheast forum,

I am seeking some wisdom on the slope conditions at Beech and Sugar for the Dec 30 - Jan 1. I have an airbnb reservation and I am concerned the resorts will stop operating due to lack of a snow.

I have reviewed the weather forecasts and checked the webcams for both resorts. I hope the snow will last long enough to make it through those few days but I am still weary about traveling there. I would have to arrive and then the mountain operations stop because the snow is gone.

Has anyone been to Beech or Sugar in the last 24hrs? Can you share your experience? I am seeking some boots on the ground reports.

Doing my snow pants dance in hopes of riding this weekend.

TIA.
“The best place in the world to ski is where you’re skiing that day.” - Warren Miller
Nashville TN
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

I don't think either one will close but the snow conditions will be on the meager side.
WOOOOOO!

tyrell
Beginner

I guess you have a reservation already, but it's going to be pretty bad up there. I bet they'll still have lots of people show up, so it'll be packed.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

I want more life...