The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Cloudmont

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
bamapilot
Expert

Never underestimate the myth and legend that is/was THE CLOUDMONT!!!!
GulfBoarder
Beginner
Tagline: 2-time First Snow Prediction Champion (back in the day) 05-06ish

I had many a good time at that place. It is unfortunate for sure. Maybe someone else will give it a go one day.
bamapilot
Expert

If the powerball continues to grow, I may have to take a ride back up through Mentone for some tickets. It’ll give me an excuse to go by THE CLOUDMONT and see exactly what’s going on up there. If I can find any humans waking around, I’ll be in full investigative mode.
GulfBoarder
Beginner

I tried to call their number today. it said "the customer you are trying to reach is unavailable". Sent FB messages, not response. About to email.
GulfBoarder
Beginner

Email sent to [email protected]

I have tried to call but got no answer. Tried facebook messages, no answer. Just wanted to know if you guys are still open, planning to open, or shut down for good? Is the ski area for sale? Any information would be appreciated. I have always loved coming up there. Thanks.
bamapilot
Expert

They weren’t good about answering those things when they were open, can’t imagine they would be better at it now that they are seemingly closed.
GulfBoarder
Beginner

bamapilot
Expert

There has been signs of life of THE CLOUDMONT on Facebook. They stated they were trying to work out Covid and staffing issues. We shall see if that means anything.
GulfBoarder
Beginner

Signs of life indeed. Good stuff. Hell, I have some vacation time, I may volunteer to work a month up there if they need help. I mean, the season I worked at Big Sky might have given me enough experience to handle the altitude at Cloudmont.
bamapilot
Expert

Another Facebook post this morning. They were unable to make snow due to a broken pump, won’t be fixed until Monday. Shame because there is good snowmaking temps this weekend, but at least it seems like they are trying to get open this season.