The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Cloudmont

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
GulfBoarder
Beginner
Tagline: 2-time First Snow Prediction Champion (back in the day) 05-06ish

We could have made snow here the last 2 night and into the morning. 22 degrees at 7 am today. We are 70 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Crazy cold for this area.
GulfBoarder
Beginner

Cloudmont Update:
With Regret, we will NOT be open this weekend due to employee shortages and COVID related issues. Hopefully this will change when the next cold front comes through.

My comment to the fb post:
If yall need help, I will work for free on the weekend of feb 4-6, and the days feb 10-12, feb 17-19. All I need is a chalet to stay in and a free ticket. Got tons of experience working in NC and Montana. Would love to help!

Let's hope something happens asap. I would drive up from Hattiesburg, Mississippi just to help them out.
bamapilot
Expert

Northeast Alabama getting a little more natural snow tonight. Had the ‘mont been ready, could have been a good January for them. Still hoping we haven’t seen the last of them.
bamapilot
Expert

Website is back active again. Was hoping when it came back it would be updated, but no, it’s the same old website they have had for 20+ years.
GulfBoarder
Beginner