The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Carving Sweet Sugar Next Weekend ???

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
SWOOP
Beginner
Tagline: Swooping in on fresh pow

Wed 11/3
46° | 31°F
Partly Cloudy

Thu 11/4
41° | 27°F
Rain/Snow

Fri 11/5
41° | 26°F
AM Rain/Snow Showers

Sat 11/6
42° | 25°F
Partly Cloudy

Sun 11/7
44° | 27°F
Mostly Sunny
brigand
Beginner

Dunno if it means anything, but he did pull the snow guns out on the webcam.
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

If those temps hold for both the top and bottom of the mountain, I guarantee Sugar will try. Being that those temps are marginal, it is hard to tell if there will be enough time to make enough snow to get open.
brigand
Beginner

I'm definitely not holding my breath, but sure would be nice to ride on my birthday just once :)
Aasnider
Beginner

They might be blowing at the top now, dark on the webcam but it looks like there are some flurries and haze from a blower in the cam.
David Orr
Beginner

Just really cloudy up here...extremely low visibility at the top driving up. Just a waiting game for now!
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

Looks like Sugar is thinking about it. As of 7 PM, the lights are on the slopes. Temperature is too high still at 32 at the top, but then again I have seen them start making snow at higher temps in the past.
Aasnider
Beginner

I’m watching too, they’ll crank up in the next few hours.
Aasnider
Beginner

Guns on at the top
David Orr
Beginner

Wanakenatransplant wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:55 pm Looks like Sugar is thinking about it. As of 7 PM, the lights are on the slopes. Temperature is too high still at 32 at the top, but then again I have seen them start making snow at higher temps in the past.
The reason they can start snow making at warmer temps is because of the "Wet Bulb" Temperature...not the dry bulb temperature.

I follow this: Scroll to the bottom of page

https://snowforecast.com/usa-forecasts/ ... 459&zoom=9