The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Ready to get this season going...

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
marzski
Advanced

I flew for four trips out west last season. No issues. Of course, planes won't be quite so empty this winter. Although by April, the flights to/from SLC to RDU were pretty full.

Have plans in place for trips out west in Dec, Feb, and Alta in April per usual. Since I'm retired and have a new AWD SUV (replacing an old minivan), I'm going to drive out to Colorado in Dec to meet up with my ski buddies. One lives out in Albuquerque and another will drive back east with me during the week before Christmas.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
marzski
Advanced

MSDOG wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:44 am Me too. We made reservations for a house in Maggie Valley last week for January 5-8. All the kids and grands are supposed to go. Had to cancel our trip to Red River last January due to NM still having their covid quarantine in place when we had reservations. Maybe this season.
NM was a special case for the Rockies last winter. I had to cancel a trip to Taos planned for early Feb 2021. But once NM dropped travel restrictions, a few of my friends and I made quick decisions to go in March. Normally Taos in March is best avoided because of the Texas school vacation schedule. But with capacity limits and other public health measures in place, seemed worth the effort.

We had enough people do set up two Private Ski Weeks. Worked out very well. With 4 people, a Private Ski Week is about the same as a regular Ski Week. This season a regular Ski Week is $350. A great deal for 6 consecutive morning lessons with a very experienced instructor, max 7 students. Taos runs Ski Weeks every week starting mid-Dec.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
swamphox
Expert

i dont care about covid so much as reactions and restrictions that inconvenience me. i got vaccinated so I'd like to see SOME tangible results. hopefully enough other people did too.

anyone need some youth boots? pm me your size. if youre willing to pick em up ill give them to you.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
marzski
Advanced

Aspen is requiring vaccination for their "fine dining" indoor restaurants. Also for their hotels, but that doesn't really impact many travelers.

Jackson Hole is only requiring face masks on the tram. No masks or capacity limitations for the gondolas.
tyrell
Beginner

I have a trip planned to McCall, ID in January. Going to hit Brundage and Tamarack (Indy pass!). I went last year in March with no issues. But now, my work requires a negative test 3 days after any travel via mass transit (current policy, but we have a vaccine mandate incoming so that might change).

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

I want more life...