The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Ready to get this season going...

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
jt3
Intermediate

Pretty quiet around here!

Dunno about you all, but I have been staring at my gear, the calendar, season passes and weather for a bit... Got some prime MTN biking and fall motorcycle riding to do yet, but come on winter.....
tyrell
Beginner

For real. I'm hoping COVID doesn't screw up my plans for going out west.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

I want more life...
Bultaco
Beginner

tyrell wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:19 pm For real. I'm hoping COVID doesn't screw up my plans for going out west.

We had no problems going to Utah last January
MSDOG
Expert

Me too. We made reservations for a house in Maggie Valley last week for January 5-8. All the kids and grands are supposed to go. Had to cancel our trip to Red River last January due to NM still having their covid quarantine in place when we had reservations. Maybe this season.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

tyrell wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:19 pm For real. I'm hoping COVID doesn't screw up my plans for going out west.

I went to Steamboat in late March. Had no issues. Going again in February and don't expect any issues either.

I'm headed to Snowshoe next week. There won't be any snow but I'm looking forward to my first taste of fall. Overnight lows in the 40's. Bring it!
WOOOOOO!

MSDOG
Expert

Saw where Jackson Hole got their first snow of the season yesterday. It looked sweet.
jt3
Intermediate

i travelled during Jan-Feb time frame last year to Idaho, WY and Colorado with no issues. There was some question about shutting off daily lift ticket sales, etc, but that never happened.

Like here in NC, lines at some places on Fri-Sun were incredibly long. Like not worth it long... but you can work around that out west. Here, is another problem. I seem to draw the line at waiting longer in line than the runs..
jt3
Intermediate

Interesting update from Vail resorts...

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/vail-r ... staurants/
Ski Bunny
Advanced

I had no problems skiing at Vail in February despite the covid protocols. Many of the restrictions have now been lifted, but Vail Resorts just announced a vaccine mandate requirement for dining inside a mountain restaurant after I purchased my new Epic Pass.
marzski
Advanced

Ski Bunny wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:37 pm I had no problems skiing at Vail in February despite the covid protocols. Many of the restrictions have now been lifted, but Vail Resorts just announced a vaccine mandate requirement for dining inside a mountain restaurant after I purchased my new Epic Pass.
As the actual process gets tested in early Dec, I doubt it will end up a big deal. Rather like the questions back in pre-season for 2020-21 about how the lift access reservation system was going to work. The clarification that came out is:

"A reminder that vaccines are only required for quick-service indoor dining, given their high-volume, cafeteria-style settings. They’re not required inside full-service restaurants, outdoor restaurants, or to use the restroom."
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.