The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Lift Trash

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Bultaco
Beginner

Lift 4 at Beech is particularly bad. Now that snow is melting it looks pretty nasty.
deere25
Beginner

Not sure how there can be any trash left by the time they get to a resort by the way our roadsides look! Most disrespectful bunch of tourists I've ever seen this year!
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

I'm surprised the owners allow it to get that bad. Tough to prevent from happening but easy for a safety patrol or other volunteers to clean up on regular basis. I the SS mountain guides doing pickup under Ballhooter on a regular basis.
canadianbacon828
Beginner

killglobalwarmingnow wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:45 pm Whomever you pieces of s*** are that throw your cans and bottles off the lift I hope you skid off the road and hit a tree and die slowly and painfully.

I kind of know who you are because it's mostly cheap light beer cans.
It's a problem everywhere but especially the Southeast. People from out of state have been especially hostile this season to us locals. I'm sure Covid has been a factor. Outlaw backpacks and problem solved. Just my opinion.
canadianbacon828
Beginner

Bultaco wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:15 am Lift 4 at Beech is particularly bad. Now that snow is melting it looks pretty nasty.
I was there last weekend and saw them doing a big cleanup.
MSDOG
Expert

I agree. When we were up at Cat New Years, I thought we were riding the lift to the top of a landfill. No need for people to trash the mountain like that.