The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Wolf Ridge

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
gpatton78
Beginner

What's up with Wolf Ridge? Conditions have been great for snow making this year, but their site shows they only have one run open from the top? Was looking forward to checking them out as I've never been there before, but can't justify going with the limited amount of terrain open. Anyone have any insight to what's going on there?
almost good
Beginner

I don't have any insight but I'll chime in anyway. We ski there a lot, my girlfriend and I, because at Wolf seniors, 65 and older ski for free and we are both over 65, and it as 45-50 minutes from my house. We've been at least a dozen times this season. And it's frustrating because all those unopened trails had around 8 to 10 inches of snow on them for weeks, up until the several warm days earlier this week. It looked like it would be so easy to make snow for a day or 2 and open 1 or 2 of them. They never turned on any guns on any of those trails, most of the guns aren't even connected to their water supply. Frustrating. We talked to an employee who told us the place is owned and operated by a family, don't know how many people or generations that is, but none of them ski or ride. So that might explain some of it.
Anyway, over the years I have skied all the trails there except 2 of the blacks, which aren't even on their trail map anymore. Some really nice terrain there when it's open. Last time most of the trails were open was 2016-2017, I think. Might have been longer ago. I hope they can get it together someday.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Bultaco
Beginner

It makes you wonder how good of shape their infrastructure is in. You have to remember their almost as old as Beech. They simply may not be able to put water,air, electricity to parts of the mtn. I don't remember hearing about upgrades over the years. Of course I could be totally off base and its just to expensive or lack of help that's keeping it closed.
brigand
Beginner

Bultaco wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:04 pm It makes you wonder how good of shape their infrastructure is in. You have to remember their almost as old as Beech. They simply may not be able to put water,air, electricity to parts of the mtn. I don't remember hearing about upgrades over the years. Of course I could be totally off base and its just to expensive or lack of help that's keeping it closed.
It's a shame, the one time I made the drive up there I was impressed with the terrain packed into such a small resort. I would make the drive again in a heartbeat....IF they fully opened... which I don't believe I remember happening in the past few years.