The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Video from Snowshoe last week

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
donohuetom
Beginner

Just messing around with GoPro Hero 9 mounted on ski - Cupp Run
dj
Advanced

I've thought about mounting the GoPro on a ski. How did you do it - adhesive mount directly on the ski?

dj
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

I tried this back in the day with a GoPro 3 on my snowboard. The video was jittery as could be. The stabilization on the new cameras is crazy.
WOOOOOO!

donohuetom
Beginner

dj wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:10 pm I've thought about mounting the GoPro on a ski. How did you do it - adhesive mount directly on the ski?

dj
I epoxied a mount to the ski-- maybe 6" from tip for less "whip" effect on the camera...and was sure not to do any jumps because that flung a gopro right off of my ski last year.
donohuetom
Beginner

theKENDOG wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:40 pm I tried this back in the day with a GoPro 3 on my snowboard. The video was jittery as could be. The stabilization on the new cameras is crazy.
For sure- the stabilization is insane, and the MaxLens mod makes it even better- not to mention the horizon leveling...although I should have tried a run with the leveling off for comparison- it might be cool to see the camera tilt with the ski.
dj
Advanced

donohuetom wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:14 am
dj wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:10 pm I've thought about mounting the GoPro on a ski. How did you do it - adhesive mount directly on the ski?

dj
I epoxied a mount to the ski-- maybe 6" from tip for less "whip" effect on the camera...and was sure not to do any jumps because that flung a gopro right off of my ski last year.
I might try that on my old K2's. I'm not sure I want to epoxy a mount on my (nearly) new Kore 93's :D
donohuetom
Beginner

You could try the adhesive, but I have heard that stuff is not great in colder temps- so keep an eye on the camera for sure if you do!