The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Ski tuning Charlotte area

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Z06Bug
Beginner

I have about 5 sets of skis that need to be tuned/waxed. I live north of Charlotte. What is the most cost effective place to have that done?
brigand
Beginner

Not to be snarky, but buy a $15 brick of wax and a $50 tuning kit on amazon, MUCH cheaper in the long run (unless you go once a year) , and there's a little zen to be had maintaining your own gear. Garage, some tunes, maybe a beer or some bourbon :) And you always have slick skis/boards when you step on the slopes without having to drive to the shop. It's super easy to do yourself. Maybe stay away from doing your own edges (or practice on old skis first), but the waxing part you cant screw up.
skimannc1
Beginner

Ski Country Outdoors is where I have always taken mine and they have done a great job.
Z06Bug
Beginner

Good suggestions, I didn’t realize the tuning kits were so cheap. Certainly worth a try and more convenient than multiple trips to get them serviced. Thanks for the replies!