The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Out west trip

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
skimannc1
Beginner

I'm planning a trip out west the first week of Feb. My plan right now is to fly into Bozman. I was wondering if Bridger Bowl would be good to go to or should I spend 2 days at Big Sky or go on down to Jackson. Im planning on 2 or 3 days in Jackson skiing JH and GT, so I could do either 2 days at one of those. Im then going to SLC and ski Alta and Snowbird.

I kabir it's a lot of traveling but I can hit most id what I would like to ski in a day since I'll be by myself.
jt3
Intermediate

For,what’s it’s worth, air to Jackson has been cheap this year so far. And there is. New direct CLT to JAC route on weekends...
marzski
Advanced

I could write a lot about why you should ski Bridger for at least a couple days when in Bozeman. Every trip to Big Sky I've taken has included 2-3 days before a week at Big Sky. The last couple trips I met up with my ski buddy (drives from NM) in SLC. We drove to Big Sky or Bozeman via Driggs. Skied at Grand Targhee for a couple days. In 2019 we got 2 deep powder days at GT, caught another powder storm at Bridger, and a couple other snowstorms at Big Sky. Made the drive time longer from/to SLC, but that takes an entire day no matter what.

What do you know of Bridger? It's not small. Has plenty of terrain for all levels, from beginner to expert (chutes that require a beacon).

Did a trip in Dec to check out how early season is at JH/GT and Alta. Met up with friends in SLC and drove from there to Jackson and back. Risk to keep in mind is that Teton Pass between ID/WY could be closed due to snowy road conditions.

Will be skiing in Colorado in Feb.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.