The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Whos been to ober or winterplace?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
swamphox
Expert

1. Whats the deal with obers parking? It seems like theyve been making announcements about parking a lot lately, that the lits are full and to use the tram etc

2. What about winterplace? Whos been there lately. I expect it to be crowded during the holidays and all but is it worse than it has been? Hows parking and lift lines? Any trouble using an indy pass?
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
marzski
Advanced

Have you checked out the Facebook Group for Indy Passholders? Might find someone who has experience using Indy at Winterplace.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
dj
Advanced

Probably too late to be useful, but....

The only time I skied Ober, we rode the tram up. There's a good bit of parking available near the tram base. Didn't look like a lot of parking on the mountain, but I've never driven up there. (Also rode the tram the only other time I visited just enjoy the ride with some kids.)

dj
swamphox
Expert

dj wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:08 pm Probably too late to be useful, but....

The only time I skied Ober, we rode the tram up. There's a good bit of parking available near the tram base. Didn't look like a lot of parking on the mountain, but I've never driven up there. (Also rode the tram the only other time I visited just enjoy the ride with some kids.)

dj
Weve been to ober a couple times this yr. It was great both times.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
marzski
Advanced

Have you made it to Winterplace? I'm considering wandering over there in early March since I have Indy. Haven't been there in a long time.

Indy Spring Pass goes on sale on March 1 for $149.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.