The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Sugar packing it out...

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
jt3
Intermediate

they are packed for a midweek day! what COVID?

Woodsrider427
Beginner

I hope this isn't the norm now with all the home schooling and work from home stuff. Going to miss the mid-week emptiness.
brigand
Beginner

It was crappy after lunch. Didn't expect it to be that busy, but I guess it's pretty much the first decent snow we had this year.
jt3
Intermediate

Brigand - crappy how? Crowded or conditions?
brigand
Beginner

It was pretty crowded considering it was a Wednesday and there's a plague going on, but it kinda' was the first decent conditions of the season. Lot of people with no masks, line was even slower because a lot of people insisted on riding solo, which I guess isn't unreasonable. I left around 2:45p.

I'm just grousing - the snow itself was pretty good. I was on the lift at 8:30, so I got plenty of good runs in before lunch.
jt3
Intermediate

Ah, the camera games have started... They seem to have turned the cam up a little so you cannot see their lines.....or lack of "distancing" I'd guess.

theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

jt3 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:58 am Ah, the camera games have started... They seem to have turned the cam up a little so you cannot see their lines.....or lack of "distancing" I'd guess.

Wow. Just...wow.
WOOOOOO!

Woodsrider427
Beginner

It was good this morning, no lines like in the picture from yesterday but we left around 12:30. We basically skied right to the lift all morning. But there was definitely more people than any early season mid-week the last few years I've been going.
gcarr
Beginner
Tagline: Something goofy goes here.

They zoomed the easy street cam in also. Can’t see the lift line there either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk