Good Enough Forecast?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

This was some of the most marginal snowmaking conditions I have seen in several years, especially at the base of Sugar. Hopefully tonight is really cold again to help them build base at the bottom or they won't stay open through the weekend.
Woodsrider427
Beginner

The base definitely looked real thin around 4:00
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Wanakenatransplant wrote:This was some of the most marginal snowmaking conditions I have seen in several years, especially at the base of Sugar. Hopefully tonight is really cold again to help them build base at the bottom or they won't stay open through the weekend.
Oh they ain’t making it past Saturday more than likely.
WOOOOOO!

SWOOP
Beginner
Tagline: Swooping in on fresh pow

Kenny,
see you there!
jt3
Intermediate

Their opening day email they just sent out is calling that an “8-22 in base on a man made powder and frozen granular surface.”

Gotta love the marketing spin!
canadianbacon828
Beginner

Meh, more power to you guys. I'm not anxious to ride smuddy hardpack. It's almost 50 degrees at my house in Banner Elk... Making it through Saturday is unlikely. Break out the carpets!
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

It’s much better out here than I was thinking. My bar was low though. Posted some stuff on our Instagram and Facebook. It’ll be gone in for sure in a few days.
WOOOOOO!

killglobalwarmingnow
Advanced

Heck yeah! Thanks for the video!

Anyone else make it out there?
brigand
Beginner

First couple hours were rough - they shoulda opened yesterday. It apparently melted a little and refroze, and there were large patches of crusty ice balls and chunder. It didn't look like it got groomed at the top in spots. However, when it warmed a little and the snow softened up it was quite nice.
killglobalwarmingnow
Advanced

brigand wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:22 pm First couple hours were rough - they shoulda opened yesterday. It apparently melted a little and refroze, and there were large patches of crusty ice balls and chunder. It didn't look like it got groomed at the top in spots.
That's called skiing in the southeast US. You're a better man for it.