Good Enough Forecast?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Aasnider
Beginner

Looks like some decent cold for a few days in NW NC with temps down in the 20s for several nights coming up this week. Will anyone give it a go this round or will the milder temps in the long range forecast keep them at bay until the next cold blast?
brigand
Beginner

My hope is that the potential income made over Thanksgiving is enough that someone will make as much snow as they can on Monday and Tuesday. I really, really hope so.
killglobalwarmingnow
Advanced

brigand wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:05 pm My hope is that the potential income made over Thanksgiving is enough that someone will make as much snow as they can on Monday and Tuesday. I really, really hope so.
That doesn't look like it makes much sense based on the 10 day outlook.
brigand
Beginner

killglobalwarmingnow wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:44 pm That doesn't look like it makes much sense based on the 10 day outlook.
I agree.... That's why I am crossing my fingers and hoping. Logically, I don't seeing being on the slopes before Thanksgiving, which really sucks.
Ga Skier
Intermediate
Tagline: Days on Snow...... Never Enough

I probably sound like debbie downer but up here in my section of these mountains Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights woul be definitely cold enough but day time highs for the next two weeks are all up in the 60s and some more low 70s.All Thanksgiving week its going to be the same except the nights are hanging in the 40s.Lets all hope something changes. My skis are getting antsy
killglobalwarmingnow
Advanced

Yeah the SE mountains especially NC are setting up for a pretty warm November. We may have to wait for December. Hopefully we just flip a switch and go full bore in to winter then.
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

Sugar has their lights turned on the slopes. Currently 38 at the base, but dropping quick. They are going to try as I would expect them to do.
killglobalwarmingnow
Advanced

Wanakenatransplant wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:32 pm Sugar has their lights turned on the slopes. Currently 38 at the base, but dropping quick. They are going to try as I would expect them to do.
It looks like they are blowing this morning, saw some crew walking around on the summit cam as well around 7am. Dont think the window will allow opening but at least they can test the system and warm up the crew.
brigand
Beginner

If it's gonna happen it's gonna be Wednesday. It's by no means a guarantee, but I take this as a sign there's a shot for Wednesday. Cat is blowing snow, too. I might be desperate enough to drive 4 hours there for just Lower Omigosh, truth be told :)
killglobalwarmingnow
Advanced

brigand wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:23 am If it's gonna happen it's gonna be Wednesday. It's by no means a guarantee, but I take this as a sign there's a shot for Wednesday. Cat is blowing snow, too. I might be desperate enough to drive 4 hours there for just Lower Omigosh, truth be told :)
Maybe they do open up for a few days.