The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

What Snowboards do you ride, length, and why?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
jt3
Intermediate

Had and really enjoyed the Lib EJack Knife, which I believe is a more directional version fo the Box Knife? That C3 is good for hauling it on big hills for sure. I've not tried any asym boards.....

I'm 6 ft and 210 lbs with 12's. So, I have had to experiment some. I've been riding a loooong time and used to think only stiff, full camber boards were all you need.. Now for here at home, I ride an older Never Summer Heritage in 159W. Its a medium stiff that is a rocker camber combo that I feel best.

When I head out west for the month of January, I have refined my travel boards to three:

Yes PYL in 160W - I use this on more open face, steeps or if its going to be blue, just flying groomer laps.

Never Summer Instagator in 156 - This was the softest board I had ridden and is a medium flex. The setback stance, flex and camber profile they call their shaper series is the most fun all around board I've ever had. Just love that thing in about any condition. Was shocked I could ride it so well that small. I ride this most every day. Takes on everything from a groomer through crud and even leftover pow.

Jones Storm Chaser in 157 for Pow days and cat trips. I had been using a Jones Hovercraft. Its also a great board, but I didn't enjoy it in tighter trees as well as I'd have liked. The Storm Chaser is a unique profile of more rocker with a big spoony, beveled nose. I had some sessions last season on it that were the most fun I'd ever had in deep snow. It just rails turns and floats for days.

Had all three of them in the Montana machine at EdgeWerks in Steamboat for their special bottom treatment. If you have never had a competent operator run one of your boards through the Montana machines, you owe it to yourself and your riding to do so! They will fly!
beeesmitty
Beginner
Tagline: I heard you know Bofa

159 Burton Deuce and a 155 Rome (cant remember the name) both circa 2009.
liquidcowboy
Beginner

157 Neversummer Proto Type 2, 158 Arbor Coda Rocker, and a 147 LibTech Orca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brigand
Beginner

Arbor Coda Camber 159, like the grip tech and stiffness, never wash out on it.