The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Who is buying what new gear this year??

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

I picked up a pair of Soul 7s from a guy who skied 3 days and gave up. 300$ plus shipping from DC. Barely a scratch. I paid almost that for rentals in SLC last Jan.
Got to buy new boots this year. Mine detonated on upper shawneha last yr. Whats your favorite new boots?
I like a higher flex and 4 buckle.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
marzski
Advanced

Don't need any more skis for sure. Got a great deal last season on my first pair of powder skis from a Ski Diva who lives in SLC. So now I have DPS Zelda skis that live in NM with my ski buddy who I always meet up with for skiing out west.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
Old Fart
Beginner

Picked up a nice pair of K2 Mindbender 99Ti for $300 over the summer. Will be my everyday ski this season, the BRO's are starting to show their age so I'll be retiring them to ornamental status.
2slikstix wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:11 pm Got to buy new boots this year. Mine detonated on upper shawneha last yr. Whats your favorite new boots?
For high volume feet (you know, fat, wide, high arch) I really like Dalbello boots.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Contemplating some Burton Step Ons.
WOOOOOO!

jt3
Intermediate

theKENDOG wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:09 pm Contemplating some Burton Step Ons.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

killglobalwarmingnow wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:05 am
theKENDOG wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:09 pm Contemplating some Burton Step Ons.
You have to get special boots too? I'd really like to have that kind of quick entry but not sure I want a system dependent on a specific design/boot. I can strap in standing up most of the time and have been doing it this long as it is. I did learn on a rental board with the old click-ins. Would be interested in what you think about them. There might be times where stepping in could be easier like if you are in deeper snow or in the woods with less room.
Yeah you have to get special boots but they work on any board so there's that. They are apparently supposed to be wayyyyyyy better than the old click ins. I've read good things about them and it's Burton...so you know they are legit and that there was a ton of R&D put into them.

I originally looked at them for my wife, so I don't have to wait on her every time at the top of the mountain. Mountains are so small around here and you can get so many laps in that the thought of removing that time and energy spent strapping up is intriguing. That and you wouldn't have to worry about straps coming loose halfway down the mountain.
WOOOOOO!

brigand
Beginner

2slikstix wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:11 pm I picked up a pair of Soul 7s from a guy who skied 3 days and gave up. 300$ plus shipping from DC. Barely a scratch. I paid almost that for rentals in SLC last Jan.
Got to buy new boots this year. Mine detonated on upper shawneha last yr. Whats your favorite new boots?
That's a good deal. Would love a pair of Rossi Soul 7s.
liquidcowboy
Beginner

theKENDOG wrote:Contemplating some Burton Step Ons.
I picked up a set last season and love them. Took me a couple runs to click in right off the lift, but they work great and alleviate a lot of pressure with my lower back issues constantly sitting down and trying to get up to strap in/out. Highly recommend them for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
swamphox
Expert

Anyone got any youth skis theyre selling lmk
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3