The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

What's up with Southern Star?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
dj
Advanced

Anybody been to Beech and know way Southern Star isn't open?
WVULINK
Beginner

dj wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:45 am Anybody been to Beech and know way Southern Star isn't open?
I was at Beech on Monday and Southern Star (Black) has some large bare and thin spots on the steeper sections. Robbins Run (Blue) was also getting a bit thin and I see on today's report that it is closed. That being said, they should be able to re-open this weekend if they get some natural snow today and have a few days of snowmaking.

White Lightning (Black) was open when i was there, but the steep section also was getting thin and a few bare spots were starting to how.

3 Blues (Meadows, Crossway, and of course, Oz) had no snow and were closed.
dj
Advanced

Thanks for the info. I guess they focused more on Lightening than Star this year. In previous years they've pretty much worked across from Shawneehaw in order. Like you say, this weekend should get them all open again.

dj
Tmiller72
Expert

WVULINK wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:35 am
dj wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:45 am Anybody been to Beech and know way Southern Star isn't open?
I was at Beech on Monday and Southern Star (Black) has some large bare and thin spots on the steeper sections. Robbins Run (Blue) was also getting a bit thin and I see on today's report that it is closed. That being said, they should be able to re-open this weekend if they get some natural snow today and have a few days of snowmaking.

White Lightning (Black) was open when i was there, but the steep section also was getting thin and a few bare spots were starting to how.

3 Blues (Meadows, Crossway, and of course, Oz) had no snow and were closed.
Robbins was closed for a race, not for a lack of snow. Not sure why the haven't been making snow on Southern Star, but they've really been laying it down on White Lightning.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2