The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

anyone have insight into whats going on at Beech?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
brigand
Beginner

As the subject line says - anyone close to anyone who works at Beech? Are there any plans to open Southern Star, White Lightning, or (ha) Oz this year?

Not whining, just want to know - Sugar shouldn't be getting all my money, but it's hard to justify another half hour on the road for just Shawneehaw and Robbins Run. I assume Beech is trying to keep costs down after building the new lift - someone has probably worked out how much extra revenue the extra runs would generate versus how much they cost to maintain. And in Beech's defense, conditions havent been great... but its almost February, and they closed mid-Feb last year.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Well they posted this today.

WOOOOOO!

philipwicker
Beginner

Headed up there tomorrow afternoon till Sunday. I saw their Insta story also...hoping they drop the rope on Upper and Lower WL by tomorrow or Friday.
brigand
Beginner

Thanks guys, finally starting to see rumors about them opening WL and SS :)
OldSchool
Intermediate
Tagline: ......................I Love Cold, Rain and Snow!

Get Beechie! White lighting and tacos..
"Like Tater tots in the broiler"........ sometimes they smoke

Hey Bo! Hamme one dem beers!...
OldSchool
Intermediate
Tagline: ......................I Love Cold, Rain and Snow!

Race is canceled at APP .. we getting Beechie Saturday afternoon!

come hang with the oldschool skiNc skiers.. like a mini summit!

Be there or be square!
"Like Tater tots in the broiler"........ sometimes they smoke

Hey Bo! Hamme one dem beers!...