The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

MLK DAY 2020 1/20/2020

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
marzski
Advanced

brigand wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:13 am I can't imagine anyone invested enough in skiing/riding to actually post here would ski on MLK day. Pretty sure it's hands down the worst day of the season :) 20 min lift lines? No thanks.
Well, I had a great time at Massanutten on MLK Day. Was skiing with a couple friends, which included a couple of tweens. Snowguns were on all day, but we had all the necessary gear for staying warm and dry. As expected, lines for Lift 5 and Lift 6 never got bad. Because it's a timeshare resort, few people who stayed for just the weekend ski/board on Monday. They have to check out by 10am, often just go tubing and then drive home. Not even holiday rates for that Monday.

Never a line for Lift 6 to the summit at Mnut, even midday on Sat or Sun of a holiday weekend. It loads mid-mountain. The Mid-Mountain Grill is open on weekends. Grill is run by parent volunteers of Mnut ski/board teams. No indoor seating, but can be good on a warmish day. As long as a porta-potty is good enough, there is no need to go back to the base until ready for a longer break.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
jacksonhwall
Beginner
Tagline: living for the Winter

carolinacub wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:14 pm actually had a woman in her faux fur jacket and spangled gloves put her hands on her hips come up and yell at me while I was standing by the patrol room and ask when I was shutting off the machines. My reply....hopefully Thursday.
haha this is great. give her a pair of goggles and say "have fun"
swamphox
Expert

killglobalwarmingnow wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:57 pm I think the day of MLK is lighter than Fri - Sun.

But holiday ticket pricing in NC needs to be $120 or north for full day tickets and with higher window rates.
Weekend/holiday at 120? U know thanksgiving is a holiday rate typically....
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3