The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Wed Jan 8 2020

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
gpatton78
Beginner

Heading to Cat on Thursday just in time for the rain. Does anyone know why they haven't opened the snowbird runs from the top?
dj
Advanced

They have had to keep replacing snow on Upper O and Rock Island due to several warm periods. We've had weeks the temp stayed in the 40s overnight.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

gpatton78
Beginner

Gotcha. I thought I read that they may have been doing work on that side of the mountain, and wasn't sure if there was anything to that or not. Should be great conditions anyway, so I'm looking forward to it!
ToroAzul
Beginner

Yuck season. I think I'm heading to Cat on Sunday with my daughter and ski Mon and Tues. It's that or the first full week in February and it looks like it will stay warm until then.

It may be lousy but we're gonna try.
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

ToroAzul wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:00 pm Yuck season. I think I'm heading to Cat on Sunday with my daughter and ski Mon and Tues. It's that or the first full week in February and it looks like it will stay warm until then.

It may be lousy but we're gonna try.
The conditions may be less than ideal, but you get to spend time with your daughter during a quiet day on the slopes. That will be fun, no matter the snow conditions. Enjoy!!