The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Boot fitting sizing question (racing boots)

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
swamphox
Expert

So heres a quick rundown of the problem. I trace an outline of my kid's foot and measure it. After looking at some charts i determine he is between a 22.5 and 23.0 mondo size. Just going by his shoe size translates to a 22.5 but i wanted to be certain. I decide to look for one a half size larger in case his foot grows during the season (likely)

I get some nordica boots off ebay. 23.5 mondo. Theyre racing boots. He cant even get his feet in then. So....

Is there something I am doing wrong as far as trying to get his feet in? Its all the way unbuckled, tongue pulled out as nuch as i can get it....it isnt helping?

I know racing boots run snug but should boots that are between half and a full size too large be so snug we cant get them on without extreme difficulty?

Is it possibly due to custom molding prior to my purchase?

Worst case scenario is i punt them on ebay or give them away but any help would be nice.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
marzski
Advanced

One thing I've picked up reading more than one ski forum is that there is difference between shells for half sizes. Meaning 22.5 and 22 are the same shell. The difference is in the stock footbed.

Racing boots are narrow. I bought lightly used racing boots for my friend's son a few years ago. Turns out he has wide feet. He has been using the boots but they are clearly a bit too big, meaning too long. But since he had plenty of lessons at Massanutten, he can make them work. Was more of an issue renting at Alta last spring because his feet were a bit too big for 2-buckle kids' boots and a little too small for 3-buckle boots.
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
marzski
Advanced

Have you tested the shell fit by taking out the liner?
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
swamphox
Expert

Will try it. Good idea.
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3