The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

NC Season starts this Sunday or Monday?

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
swamphox
Expert

Aasnider wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:39 pm
swamphox wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:18 pm Challenge accepted. Not only will my kid and I try for that but we will also try and get a "call your mom" and potentially a "cook brekkie" on this date as it will take some good early am effort to get there.
Pics or it didn't happen! Gonna hand out 5 red bulls in the lift line too?
Monsters would be more likely. Right now theres a contest where u buy monster and a text a pic of the receipt for entry into a contest for a week long trip at whistler
Live slow, die whenever.....

Days on Snow 22-23
Cat 5
app 1
sugar 1
ober 1
winterplace 2
Homewood 3
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

The forecast continues to look good at night at 25 for the low on 3 nights. Daytime high is mid 30's per Ray's Weather. He is sometimes a little high on his forecasts, a couple degrees cooler and Gunther may run 24 hours straight on Sunday at the top. The bottom is a bit warmer, hopefully he can make enough at the bottom. If these forecasts hold I would bet he goes for it and gets open.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

The forecast has gotten a few degrees colder indeed, but I still don't see an opening happening. Whatever they make each night at the bottom is gonna melt away during the day.
WOOOOOO!

Ga Skier
Intermediate
Tagline: Days on Snow...... Never Enough

I can see Cat and Sugar trying for bragging rights but next week is back to mid 40s at night and high to mid 50s during the day with sunshine. Next weekend temp wise looks like a copy of this weekend. Where Im at its going to be about the same temps as Cat and Sugar.Give or take a degree or two based on elevation. Im thinking I'll have to wait a little longer
dj
Advanced

The lights are on at Cataloochee and some guys are working around the air/water guns on skiers right of Easy Way. Looks like they're about to pull the trigger [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

Cataloochee is making snow!!
dj
Advanced

The first fan gun just came on... Image

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

It is always nice to see them come on for the first time each season!
Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

It is 12:15 AM, Sugar is about to turn there guns on as well.

The question is, will Cat and Sugar open on Saturday or Sunday?
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Well, they are certainly trying to open it appears.
WOOOOOO!