The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

New Indy Pass includes Cataloochee for 2019-20

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
marzski
Advanced

Since the new Indy Pass includes Cataloochee and my daughter started at UNC Asheville, might actually get to Cat for the first time.

Have the day ticket prices for Cat been stable in recent years? I see $70 for a day ticket for 2018-19.

The Indy Pass is $199 and includes 2 days at each partner ski area/resort. Also includes Massanutten, Bryce, and Canaan Valley, plus Blue Knob. Hard for me to get to all of them this winter, but still tempted. Goes on sale Sept. 1.

http://www.indyskipass.com
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
marzski
Advanced

Indy Pass list continues to grow. Added another place in Michigan. Plus the first ski area in the Southwest. Up to 36 locations scattered all over.

Turns out the creator of the Indy Pass isn't associated with a ski area/resort. A marketing guy out in Oregon. His goal was to keep the price under $200.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-New ... ndy-slopes
2023-24: Wolf Creek in Dec, Massanutten in Jan, Feb; GT, Big Sky; Crested Butte; Alta/Snowbird in April.
marzski
Advanced

Indy added another 8 locations. The list for the southeast now includes Ober Gatlinburg, along with Cat, Massanutten, Bryce, and Canaan Valley. Greek Peak in central NY is new too.

Unofficial Networks has a complete list by region and state for the 44 locations as of 10/1/2019.

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2019/10/ ... -just-199/
marzski
Advanced

Worth reading thru the Indy Pass FAQ if you are considering getting one. Two items caught my eye today.

I’ve already purchased a season pass at an Indy Pass resort, do I get the two free days at the other resorts?
Sorry, the Indy Pass is separate from a season pass at participating resorts. Some Indy Pass resorts will offer a discounted Indy Pass add on for their season pass holders for $159, so check with your home resort to see if they are offering this option.

Why isn’t there a kids Indy Pass and why can’t I buy one for my kid under 12 years old?
We do consider young families very important, so Indy Pass resorts offer a minimum of 25% off for kids 12 and under. We encourage parents with young kids to check kids pricing at the resorts where they plan to ski, as it may be cheaper to purchase kids tickets with the 25% off discount than purchasing an Indy Pass for them. If it’s still less expensive to purchase a pass for a child under age 13 then you may do so. No ID is required for children to redeem lift tickets but they must be present at the ticket window in order to redeem.
marzski
Advanced

killglobalwarmingnow wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:21 pm If Sugar was on there Id get one. I just dont see that ever happening given their $800 season pass and $80 weekend rates. Damn it is too expensive to ski in the south...
NC is too close to GA and FL, as well as pulling people from TN and SC.

One reason I ended up deciding to make Massanutten my home mountain is that the season pass was around $400 and the Sun-Fri pass was around $250. Wintergreen has a pretty low season pass price for 2019-20 too.

I'm more interested to see if Beech will ever join Indy.
marzski
Advanced

The Indy Pass price goes up to $219 on 12/1, as expected.

The plan for the rest of the 2019-20 season is now clear. Price goes up another $20 to $239 on 1/1/2020. The Indy Pass stays available until 3/1/2020. So in theory if Cat, Bryce, Mnut, and Canaan Valley are likely to have decent snow conditions in March, could be good for Mid-A spring skiing. But have to decide by late Feb.

I had a very good time using my Indy Pass at Bryce for Opening Day on 11/16. Happened to be spending a long weekend at Massanutten for other reasons. Fully intend to go back for another day when Bryce is 100% open.
marzski
Advanced

Here's an interview with the creator of the Indy Pass. He's based in Oregon and been doing marketing for ski resorts for decades. Retired from his company in order to have time for other projects like the Indy Pass.

https://nyskiblog.com/doug-fish-and-the-indy-pass/
marzski
Advanced

Probably doesn't make much difference to SkiSE folks, but two more locations have joined the Indy Pass: Detroit Mountain in MN and Black Mountain in NH.

The Indy Pass is partnering with Snowledge and a few other companies for a drawing for a trip to Eaglecrest, AK. Deadline is Dec. 15 and have to download the app. Includes flights but only from an airport that serves Alaska Airlines.

https://www.snowledge.co/indy-pass-contest/