The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Beech & Sugar Aerial Views - Memorial Day Weekend

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Paul
Beginner

Aerial view of Beech & Sugar over the Memorial Day weekend.
20190526_202749.jpg
20190526_202541.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul
Beginner

20190526_203412.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jt3
Intermediate

Sweet! Thanks for sharing.
I Ski
Beginner

Who can picture expansion in either of these pictures?
pagamony
Advanced

That was 28 may. Do they now have any grass on white lightning ? It was closed and closed and looked pretty rough on my one weekend in Feb. Lower was just barely open. I was told it took a lot of damage from the chair installs. They need to get that going again. I don't see any expansion going on, but Sugar does have the new beginner quad this year. If Beech had not built that little cluster of houses at the base of 6, that ridge would have made a nice set of short steep slopes.
gamecock
Beginner

This is a rookie question from someone who was been to Beech more than I care to admit. I have seen the cleared area off of "Oz Road" to the right of 6 before but it looks a little more cleared now. Anybody tried to get it? Looks like it could tie in to Lower WL depending on the topography there at the end. Marked "Old slope trail" on google earth.
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

gamecock wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:29 pm This is a rookie question from someone who was been to Beech more than I care to admit. I have seen the cleared area off of "Oz Road" to the right of 6 before but it looks a little more cleared now. Anybody tried to get it? Looks like it could tie in to Lower WL depending on the topography there at the end. Marked "Old slope trail" on google earth.
I've tried it during a big snowstorm before. It's not steep at all. Almost flat in spots.
WOOOOOO!