The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

the SkiSoutheast summit y'all

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
davidski
Expert

The Ski Southeast summit folks.

I want to make a personal endorsement of how much fun this is.

Snowshoe will have the terrain to make this great as they always do; even if you are mowing your lawn in South Carolina , which is all the more reason to come to West Virginia to escape. And for a few years running the Summit has brought new snowfall, Ullr has been with us.

I also looked at the lodging prices that Mike posted and in the interest of independent reporting I called Snowshoe yesterday with and without the Skisoutheast code... joining into the group does reduce lodging by 20% on the three I checked, and if you add that with a free sunday ticket it's a great deal

Two nights are required for Snowshoe lodging which annoys me, but whatever.

This will be fun, join in if you still can
adm1n
Intermediate

Good post David.

We are up to 74 booked so far. I think a lot of people are looking at the forecast near their homes and just not aware that Snowshoe can and most probably will have plenty of great conditions for us. The forecast THIS WEEK is calling for 7 inches of snow there and a few windows of snowmaking.

Come join us...it's a blast.
adm1n
Intermediate

Up to 90 now...surpassed last year's number. Come with peeps!
donohuetom
Beginner

I will be up there Sunday/Monday- can I stop in to meet up and catch the first tracks at Soaring Eagle on Sunday AM? If yes, do I need to do anything in advance to sign up for that?

Thanks!
TD
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

donohuetom wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:30 am I will be up there Sunday/Monday- can I stop in to meet up and catch the first tracks at Soaring Eagle on Sunday AM? If yes, do I need to do anything in advance to sign up for that?

Thanks!
TD
Just meet us there and you're in!
WOOOOOO!

adm1n
Intermediate

Up to 95 people attending (as of 2/26/2019 8:30am).

This surpasses LAST YEAR'S TOTAL! Keep 'em coming peeps! It's going to be a blast!

New shirts, nice hoodies and beanies/boggans (and stickers) to giveaway!
adm1n
Intermediate

We just hit the 100 mark! Feb 26th at 11am. If you have already booked your stay and registered on the website - you should have received an email with our itinerary. Be sure to keep up with your email INBOX for the next day or so as we watch the weather and make any last minute changes to where we will do the giveaways, etc. It's looking SNOWY for Sunday!
davidski
Expert

By the way, if you are renting at the Snow Creek sport shop, the barn like building at the turn off snowshoe drive to Silvercreek, a very good place to rent by the way I did when my sons were growing up; or even if not as you drive by stop and check out the art work on exhibit by the wife of messageboard member Spydee. What I saw last year had a retro ski vibe I really liked I haven't seen her latest work but am going to check it out. Prints, canvasses and other stuff -- Laura Bonazza

I'm posting because she's too humble
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Thanks David! For all you instagram peeps, check out her stuff at #lbonazza
Here's sample...
bfeller
Intermediate

Nice art work.