The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Rv plug in at snowshoe

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
GreatWhiteBuffalo

Just got back from a weekend trip at Snowshoe in my pickup-camper. Finding somewhere to park and plug in was pretty difficult. I was hoping the big main lot at the village would be accessible as they have a few plugs towards the back corner. Turns out one entrance was barricaded and the other needed a key from one of the hotels to access. The plugs had no power anyway, I checked.

Went to Silver Creek to make a few runs and the lot attendant noticed my rig and made it clear that parking lot camping was not permitted. I'm sure you could get away with a day or so before them kicking ya out. They do have RV plugs with power in the left side Red lot.

I didn't want to cause any issues so we rolled out later in the afternoon and searched for another spot. I was unable to find a spot with power on top of the mountain. Snowshoe customer service said they do not permit RV or camper parking at the Top Of The World lot any longer. All RV's and campers must park at the Inn at Snowshoe at the base of the mountain but it was unclear weather they had hookups.

I reluctantly proceeded to the base of the mountain and on the way to the Inn I noticed two lots with large signs that said "Snowshoe RV Park, $50/night, call three zero four seven zero four five four four seven ". I still went to the Inn to scope it out, there was one plug next to the shuttle bus parking where their plugs for engine block heaters are but it was taken by a camper van. So I decided to call the RV park number and secure a spot for the night. I called twice with no answer, I even left a message to call back and never received a call back. At this point it was getting late and cold and we needed to plug in and get some heat going so I said screw it lets go to the RV park and see if anyone is there. There at two lots, one right on the left side of the road right before you get to the Inn at Snowshoe, the other right across the entrance to the Raven Golf Course. I chose that one as it was larger and the lot wrapped around the back of these little apartments so it was off the road and out of sight. There are two small "cabins" towards the back right of the lot that I thought might be the owner, no one was home - a car did arrive very late to one.

Anyway we pulled around back of the apartments I hopped out flipped the breakers, a green light turned on, power was on, water worked (very high pressure), and even what looked to be sewer hookups (I'm still new to that stuff). We plugged up, cooked dinner, and walked the dogs in the little wooded area behind the lot which backed up to a nice little stream. Unfortunately there was a lot of litter and random trash in the woods area but still pretty. We woke up the next morning and drove back to the top of the mountain and made some runs and then headed home. I tried to find the owner of the RV park to pay and still will pay, I kinda feel bad about it but I mean what do you do? This is a good option for anyone that wants to have a secure area to park a RV or camper at Snowshoe if you can get a hold of the owner to pay or say screw it like me. After googling the phone number it comes up to a Scott Millican, Sales Associate at First Tracts Realty- I've reached out to see how I can pay for my stay.

This is a google image of the lot I stayed in, it looks like it used to be a mobile home park, it is no longer. It is completely flat new gravel lot with a slew of hookup sights. I've outlined the current lot layout.

Sorry for the lengthy write-up but I looked for a lot of information regarding this topic before our trip with no avail so I figured I'd post my experience and I hope it helps people in the future.