The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Rv plug in at snowshoe

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Toytec

Last year we camped in our rv at silver creek and they had some rv plug in’s. Does any one know if they are still there? I have called multiple people but just like last year no one knows any thing about them. We got mixed up in the late session snow storm last year and it was amazing!!
davidski
Expert

I don't know, there are outlets on the light poles at the Inn at the base and people used to plug in there, someone at Silver Creek also ought to have the answer, the people in charge of the paid parking?
David H
Beginner

I researched the same thing. Apparently silver creek used to let rec vehicles stay over night but no longer. We ended up in Seebert WV at a no hookup private site. Half hour was a reasonable time to SS if I wasn’t hooked up and hustled. There might have been some closer primitive/ dispersed spots in the NF but went for the sure thing.
Toytec

So I went up there and silver creek kicked us out after two days. Went to the fd and they said rv parking and camping was alowed at the top of the world parking lot so we went up there and did not have any problems. It was very windy tho. But it was free and close. I got a survey from snowshoe and told them the only compliant I had was that they have rv plugs and don’t utilize them and they need to start!
Last edited by Toytec on Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

SC parking lot is owned & managed by the SC HOA, not Snowshoe. Good to hear about hookup at TOW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

David H
Beginner

Can someone elaborate on the TOW location? I'd be interested in using this opportunity.
David H
Beginner

So TOW is simply the public free parking lot. That's doable except we don't have toilet facilities in our little off road trailer which would be a bit...challenging.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Public restrooms available on the ground floor of the TOW bldg....near inside entrance to Hoots bar.
Toytec

David H wrote:So TOW is simply the public free parking lot. That's doable except we don't have toilet facilities in our little off road trailer which would be a bit...challenging.
We paid and went to the hot tubs and pool, it was nice to relax in the hot tub! And they had bathrooms and showers. Lots of places to use the restroom for free. But if the urge was to hit in the middle of the night, you might be in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
David H
Beginner

Haha, ya it's a risky adventure. Still, when one wants to keep the $$ saved strictly for the ski trip essentials...it's an option. Park as close to the facilities as possible...less early morning walking.