Timberline - the Untold Story

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Robulator
Beginner

Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:23 am

theKENDOG wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:17 am
Robulator wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:45 am
I ended my post with the statement "Food for thought". Obviously you don't have the slightest clue about this "resort" , it's history, the devastating effect it has had on the local economy, or the unscrupulous management of money for this or the other family businesses. There is hard evidence of felonious accounting practices related their operation which contradicts your blind ignorance. Do some research before you troll.
I don't think he was arguing about the effect it's had on the local community or their unscrupulous business practices. I'm pretty sure he was disagreeing with your statement about it being a "loss leader".
I get it. Loss leader is a term that is used more frequently in another context. But the "source" I had was a big player in the accounting field and that is the term she specifically used. They give away ski packages to groups and don't check for tickets in the lift lines so I believe in a sense she was not wrong.
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:51 pm

TL site says 2 trails open, Rudy's First Trax reports 13. Which is it?
SnowshoeGuy
Beginner

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:38 pm

TL is closed Tue and Wed per their website
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:42 am

spydeeTJB wrote:
I think a lift broke down again during the day.
WOOOOOO!

spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:57 am

theKENDOG wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:42 am
spydeeTJB wrote:
I think a lift broke down again during the day.
Which one?
SnowshoeGuy
Beginner

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:42 am

They have much bigger issues than lift break downs.

https://www.wboy.com/news/crime/former- ... jJiu2d0Id8
grinderstation
Beginner

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:41 pm

Robulator wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:23 am

But the "source" I had was a big player in the accounting field and that is the term she specifically used.
This is EXACTLY the statement I take violent exception to (davidski). Makes a bad situation much, much worse. your "innuendo" about your "source" is just plain bullshit. Give out a name or just shut up. Yes i've followed the story. Guy is sucking cash out of the resort and the utility and running it into the ground. Guess what. He wasn't the first to do that to a business. he won't be the last.

ANYTHING else you or i write is innuento and has no integrity. Sorry if it drags your home value down but guess what. there's risk in life, risk when you bought it. You, and less-so-davidski, come accross like somehow you are entitled to a well run timberline. And while were at it, Davidski, I beleive there is no other resort that even comes close to Cat for taking thier profits and reinvesting them into the mountain. virtually every slope there now is lined with those massive leesco or whatever snowmakers. NOBODY else has done that. App is their only compeition in that dept. Now, I'll spot you snowshoe, but that's intrawest capital flows. If you think you know one that has put more into the mountain, I'm all ears.
Snowbucks
Beginner

Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:40 pm

Funny...not a peep about Tline in a week...and their web site and cam are now totally abandoned?!?!? It this IT - they're GONE for good!?!?
spydeeTJB
Intermediate

Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:22 pm

Good time to buy a house! Maybe a condo?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:30 pm

Snowbucks wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:40 pm
It this IT - they're GONE for good!?!?
It's looking like this might be the case. They're closed this weekend and the mountain will be "re-evaluated" on Monday. Some other legal news has come to light this week as well and it is all bad.
WOOOOOO!