The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Timberline - the Untold Story

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Snowbucks
Beginner

The biggest story in the SE and I have not seen one single peep about it here ?!?!? Any reason why all the newz is only on Pubski. DC Ski dropped it (though people have speculated why).
Kelly K
Beginner

How about a link to the story, I would love to read it.
davidski
Expert

Its pugski, who are you over there? I'm kemperski

Timberline and the Canaan Valley have never been well covered here, is this news to you?

The area is just too far for most people to make the drive, more's the pity but I don't blame folks. I have sung the praises for years; I love the area so much, skiing with Chip and meeting so many powderhounds has been a privilege.

Most of the people here are well south of WV and that makes Snowshoe a closer and much more well known destination.

But you know this
davidski
Expert

Kelly K, just go to DCski and look at Timberline, the thread was closed when it hit 300
Kelly K
Beginner

Thanks David I will go have a look.

I appreciate TL/CV a lot. Its a totally different vibe than SS and better than anything in NC IMO by a good bit. I also like the Shoe for other reasons. I made a trip one year (it might have been the year i met you CV) and once you are up there its also very easy to hit WIsp on a day trip which i did! If it were not for you and a couple others here I would not have ever visited CV/TL. They are so worth the drive past SS and a lot cheaper. The new lodge at CV is really nice too. I hope T Line is ok. It's probably the best terrain in the SE but I know you love the trees at CV. I would really encourage people to check out CV/TL and even Wisp which I really enjoyed a lot as well. If i can make the drive from Nashville up there then surely people already in NC can. You have got 2 great resorts 5 minutes apart!
davidski
Expert

Kelly K you said a lot right there, the Canaan Valley is far away, it is worth the drive, it does have the best trees in the mid-atlantic and it is a good way to tie in a trip to Wisp, which is also worth the trip... well said!
davidski
Expert

Timberline has moved back their opening again, 3rd or fourth time, to Dec.21
SnowshoeGuy
Beginner

Kelly K
Beginner

Fred has been arrested for unpaid taxes. Pretty sad. T line has such great terrain.

https://www.wdtv.com/content/news/Timbe ... 95042.html
TannerP
Expert

Less than 5 grand in unpaid taxes? Is it really so disfunctional there that they don't have the cash on hand to pay that?