The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Welcome to the SkiSE Community

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Welcome to all new members , and you Old Guys too! If you have signed up, you are now one of us. This form serves many purposes throughout the year.
First it is a great source of Information. Members, both Ski hill locals and throughout the South East love sharing their knowledge on here to help make your trip skiing much more enjoyable. Being in the know always makes it better. From where to go for what type of skiing.. to what days to avoid the crowds. You will find it on here. Just search your topic.
Second, this is a social outlet where we arrange meet ups and go ski tigether... either as just and few like minded people, or during our large ski group Summits at locall ski areas.
Some of us even go out west together. I have been going skiing with the same guys I met here for 10 years now.
Third you will encounter all types of personalities on here. Take each one with a grain of salt. We have A-plus people and we have trolls here as well. Feel free to ask your questions. I gurantee you will find the info.

Bookmark the message board page and come back all season to see what's going on and where it's snowing now. Learn how to use the many resources linked on our network and Consider joining the alerts list to always be in the know!
Most of all WELCOME to SkiSE! Get Involved!
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Bringing in the new Season, Kicking the dust out.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
abercrombiec

Hi everyone, I am new to the ski board community so I hope I am doing this right. We live in AL and I am wanting to take my kids skiing after Christmas. I have 4 kids (ages 8-17) that have never skied. Looking for a family friendly ski resort that is within driving distance. I have been looking at resorts in North Carolina but there are so many. I would love to hear opinions and get some help. Tell me your favorites!