The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

And so it begins!

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
deere25
Beginner

Snowguns are on at Sugar, from top of Snowboard park up. Let the haters begin the years old dialogue, what are they doing? What are they thinking? Are they crazy? I imagine its for a little atmosphere for the festivities tomorrow. Good luck Sugar!!
L Bear
Beginner

I just want to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you.
- Leslie Nielsen
theKENDOG
Expert
Tagline: WOOO!!!

deere25 wrote:I imagine its for a little atmosphere for the festivities tomorrow.
I'm thinking the same thing.
WOOOOOO!

theKENDOG
Expert

Absolutely nothing on the ground below the old halfway station.
WOOOOOO!

Wanakenatransplant
Beginner

I don' t the guns were on below midway station - at least they weren't when I checked.
adm1n
Intermediate

I called Sugar and unfortunately couldn't get anyone. But I did drive up to The Reserve all the way to the top of Trails End where the new lift station is located up top and as of 2pm they were still make snow...or something close to it.

Randy Johnson will be there AM Saturday and I'm sure he'll get some photos, videos and interviews.

They've made snow a good bit and it is supposed to be 25° or so overnight. This is a pretty smart bot of marketing for those who will be there in AM...which as I understand it the NC Governor will be among those in attendance.
adm1n
Intermediate

Check out the front page for a couple of photos.

http://www.skisoutheast.com/sugar-mount ... king-snow/
yardsale
Expert

FIRST SNOW ON FRIDAY THE 13TH! Surely someone predicted this? what is the prize?
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
Tmiller72
Expert

Guns are on near the bottom now. Might take a drive over later and take a few pics.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
theKENDOG
Expert

The lights are on the lift terminal and it looks like it's running too. Must be testing.
Screenshot_20151113-200451-01.jpeg
I still can't see them opening. Unless they lay down an unbelievable amount of snow tonight. The wind isn't helping though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WOOOOOO!