The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
admin

I have been watching the forcast for Virginia....my family and I are coming to massenutten at the end of Feb. and the outlook is not so good...does anyone have better news????? :?
pagamony
Advanced

long range forecasts are for continued normal to cold temps.

short range forecast is for this:

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A

HEAVY SNOW WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM SATURDAY TO

6 AM EST SUNDAY. THE SNOW ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

LOW PRESSURE LOCATED ALONG THE GULF COAST THIS EVENING WILL TRACK NORTHEAST TO THE NORTH CAROLINA COAST SATURDAY EVENING. SNOW WILL DEVELOP SATURDAY MORNING FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST. THE HEAVIEST SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR FROM LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON INTO SATURDAY NIGHT.

BEFORE SNOW ENDS EARLY SUNDAY MORNING...TOTAL SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED TO BE 4 TO 8 INCHES...WITH UP TO 10 INCHES POSSIBLE IN THE

CENTRAL SHENANDOAH VALLEY AND LOCATIONS SUCH AS CHARLOTTESVILLE

AND FREDERICKSBURG.

A HEAVY SNOW WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. AVOID UNNECESSARY TRAVEL. ALWAYS CARRY A WINTER SAFETY KIT WITH EMERGENCY SUPPLIES IF YOU MUST TRAVEL IN A SNOWSTORM.

don't worry, be happy.