The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
MSDOG
Expert

I HEAR THAT IF YOU EXACERBATE TOO MUCH YOU WILL GO BLIND.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

Just to add to the mix...I find the daycare services at Sugar, Beech and App.to be very good with Sugar and Beech getting top honors. The folks at the Sugar daycare were really top notch. Heck, the Ski Patrol at Sugar even let me take my littlest one out on the hill just below the lodge for some sled action even though it was clearly marked a no-no. I was simply told to keep out of the way of lessons. Overall I have found that the "basic treat others as you want to be treated" really applies. If you go into an administrative office loaded for bear you will find one.
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
MSDOG
Expert

I AGREE WITH TOEJAM AND YANCY. I'VE SKIIED OVER 30 YEARS, LOTS OF TIMES AT BEECH, SUGAR, CAT AND OBER, 'MONT AND LOTS OF PLACES OUT WEST AND HAVE NEVER HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE. MAYBE MY EXPECTATIONS ARE JUST NOT THAT HIGH.
kclement
Beginner

Yancey is right. The less interaction the better. It is their job to get you through and out on the mountain as fast as possible. That's what most people cosider good customer service. A smile is nice but speed and efficiency to get me out on the slopes the fastest is what i prefer.
tugboatjulie
Beginner

Well, as a beginner, I needed help! :lol: But, you really don't realize what the customer service is like from one place to another til you experience something somewhere else. :idea: (as if that's so astute...)

As a former teacher, I guess I just like interaction! :roll:
kclement
Beginner

That's very true. Interaction for beginners with customer service is very helpful. I understand that it is very overwhelming when you first begin to ski. If you have never been before you don't know what you need or where to go. I finally decided to get my fiance on a snowboard, but she was intimidated just trying to buy a lift ticket.

Just like everything else there are two sides to every story. Beginners need and want the interaction, while experienced riders prefer to get their ticket and go.
admin

tugboatjulie wrote:
Well, as a beginner, I needed help! :lol: But, you really don't realize what the customer service is like from one place to another til you experience something somewhere else. :idea: (as if that's so astute...)

As a former teacher, I guess I just like interaction! :roll:

I can see where you are coming from..

For me..... The less I have to interact with the employees the better the experience.
g8erhater
Advanced

kclement wrote:
Just like everything else there are two sides to every story. Beginners need and want the interaction, while experienced riders prefer to get their ticket and go.

Yeah and that is the rub with the ski/snowboarding industry. If they want to attract and (more importantly) keep the new folks coming to the hills, they need to really focus on this portion of their on-mountain experience. Winterplace has a great program in which all new skiers get a free group lesson with their lift ticket. I think this is an awesome idea that requires little initial investment to garner repeat visitors.

As for us vets, most of us only care about one thing: skiing.