The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
jamsandwich
Expert

ahahaha, you called his dad. thats too much. ahahahahaha.

i can't believe you did that man, that is so lame.
admin

skimannc1 wrote:

A Big Bird wrote:
As for the racing and regular customers - there will be some areas used for the racing, but there shouldn't be much problems for others to get around. You are welcome to stop on the sides (where you don't obstruct a trail, or not visible from above (#3 of the NC Skier's Safety Act)) and enjoy watching some great racing fun. The racing is from 9:30 AM until about 1 PM. We will be using both Top Gun for the advance/expert and Right Stuff for the less advanced skiing. It should be great fun for everyone.

This was not the case at all. Top Gun was closed till 1. Conditions at Hawksnest were terrible today. They had not groomed anything so all you skied was ice or pushed up powder. Made it very unenjoyable on what should have been a great day of skiing. I just wish the resorts would learn how to groom like Appalachian. I am not saying to get rid of the moguls or anything but at least get rid of ruts and hard packed icy places on a day you have plenty of fresh powder to deal with.

Last night we shut down @ midnight as usual, and began grooming around 1 am. By 4 am we were done grooming and the natural fell as pretty as you please. Long story short it was groomed with atleast 5" of freshy Pow Pow on top. "Best conditions of the season so far".

What planet are you from?
SkiCop
Expert

jamsandwich wrote:
ahahaha, you called his dad. thats too much. ahahahahaha.

i can't believe you did that man, that is so lame.

It was lame that he had to call his dad in the first place. Dang kids.
skimannc1
Beginner

Little Buddy wrote:

skimannc1 wrote:

A Big Bird wrote:

Last night we shut down @ midnight as usual, and began grooming around 1 am. By 4 am we were done grooming and the natural fell as pretty as you please. Long story short it was groomed with atleast 5" of freshy Pow Pow on top. "Best conditions of the season so far".

What planet are you from?

Obviously not the same planet you are. I skied fresh "Pow Pow" last week at Snowshoe and that was not the case Saturday at Hawk. If that is called groomed then Hawk needs to change it's definition of grooming. I was on the slope by 9:15 I'm sure all the fresh Pow Pow wasn't pushed off and exposing the hard packed ice by then or the ruts and unlevel surfaces of what should be a groomed slope.