The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Tmiller72
Expert

It wasn't supposed to start until after midnight, but it's snowing lightly right now. I can't see Beech, Sugar or Grandfather Mountains from here today, so maybe it's snowing a little harder over there? Kinda nice when they miss the forecast in a good way. :)
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
admin

Yep snowing over here too, the weekend is starting to look mighty interesting.
Tmiller72
Expert

NCAPPS wrote:
Yep snowing over here too, the weekend is starting to look mighty interesting.

Maybe more than the light snow they are currently predicting? Feel free to let us know what you are thinking. :)
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
admin

Radar doesnt look impressive, but it does back towards TN/MO/IL where low pressure is coming from, its possible that this gives us a better snow than forecasted, as of right now models arent too impressive with a hit for NW NC, but by the looks of radar back that way I think they could be wrong, I'm stil more concerned about the weekend, I'll keep you updated on that in my thread.
Joshua8200
Intermediate

NCAPPS wrote:
Radar doesnt look impressive, but it does back towards TN/MO/IL where low pressure is coming from, its possible that this gives us a better snow than forecasted, as of right now models arent too impressive with a hit for NW NC, but by the looks of radar back that way I think they could be wrong, I'm stil more concerned about the weekend, I'll keep you updated on that in my thread.

BUT IT'S NOTHING LIKE THE BOOOOOMBER SNOWS THAT UTAH SAW LAST WEEK!!! :roll: HAHAHAHA

(Envious Non-Utah Summiteer)
admin

waynecash wrote:
I want snow here in Atlanta

Ypu could see a flake or two, tom morn.
jamsandwich
Expert

think snow and it will happen.

i got my fingers crossed.
SKISC
Expert

It never snows in Anderson. Will snow in a circle around here but not in Anderson. We get rain. Oh well, guess I will just keep thinking snow.
admin

Why will it not happen? Are you saying that it will be all snow or are you saying there will be no precip at all?
UABSkiBum
Beginner

Looking for light snow in the Birmingham area tonight and a bigger storm Friday night into Saturday.