The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Tmiller72
Expert

Looks like they are making snow towards the bottom of Oz Run. Unless that's a fire.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
ICEHOCEY77
Intermediate

maybe whoever's responsible can burn down Sugar while they're at it.
jamsandwich
Expert

me too, i like sugar, but the employees are wack. no hablo ingles.
afrobigfoot
Expert

whats with all the racism here? Last time i checked, people are started to hire more and more Minorities, get used to it. Also, the last time i got taught about government and policies, the USA techinically doesnt have an official language, or at least thats what my Civics teacher told me, so who cares if some one else is speaking something else?
extremeskier11
Beginner

There is nothing wrong with the mexican workers at Sugar, they are much nicer and do more work than most of the people at other resorts.
ICEHOCEY77
Intermediate

extremeskier11 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the mexican workers at Sugar, they are much nicer and do more work than most of the people at other resorts.

for half the price!

Sorry, I had to say it.
admin

afrobigfoot wrote:
whats with all the racism here? Last time i checked, people are started to hire more and more Minorities, get used to it. Also, the last time i got taught about government and policies, the USA techinically doesnt have an official language, or at least thats what my Civics teacher told me, so who cares if some one else is speaking something else?

I dont have any problem with minorities. I do have a problem with them working "under the table" and not paying taxes, and entering the country illegally. I work too hard and pay enough already in taxes.

And yes I've had a bad day today, can you tell???

LOL
afrobigfoot
Expert

I think we all have a problem with people that enter the country illegaly, but its wrong to just point at any hispanic person and say "they are illegal!"

Thats a pretty strongly biased statement. I dare any of you to ask one where their greencard is, if it really matters to you whether they are illegal or not, ask them.
Oldmanbeech
Beginner

I think you are right on Oz. They would love to get it open by President's Day weekend. It is a nice little run that helps disperse the crowds. That lift sure is slow, though.
XboxChick
Intermediate

Oldmanbeech wrote:
I think you are right on Oz. They would love to get it open by President's Day weekend. It is a nice little run that helps disperse the crowds. That lift sure is slow, though.

if they opened Oz...i would skip all my classes and ski that run all diggity day