The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
ICEHOCEY77
Intermediate

XboxChick wrote:

Oldmanbeech wrote:
I think you are right on Oz. They would love to get it open by President's Day weekend. It is a nice little run that helps disperse the crowds. That lift sure is slow, though.

if they opened Oz...i would skip all my classes and ski that run all diggity day

be careful what you wish for, downhill ice skating is a dangerous activity.
admin

afrobigfoot wrote:
I think we all have a problem with people that enter the country illegaly, but its wrong to just point at any hispanic person and say "they are illegal!"

Thats a pretty strongly biased statement. I dare any of you to ask one where their greencard is, if it really matters to you whether they are illegal or not, ask them.

My man, I'm just going on the facts. And they are, over 50% of the Mexicans in the U.S. are either illegals or are on expired Visas. That is a FACT
Cutback
Beginner

Always been curious, how do you quantify the number of illegal aliens. By the very nature of that description, they are not registered or counted, so how do you know how bad, or good, the problem really is?

Having worked in an industry with a large number of aliens, I will say that, in many cases, there were questionable circumstances and events, such as changing SS numbers or new names every so often. That haven't been said, if not for them, the business would not have operated.
admin

I am sorry, but if you cant enter our country legally and pay your taxes like the rest. Get out!
nicski
Beginner

I just want to ski the OZ RUN !!!!!

Fingers crossed
TNKen
Intermediate

Rumor has it they will move en-mass to the backside at the end of the week. Hope for natural help.

Ken