The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Philip
Beginner

I hit up Ober several years ago... but it started raining and I was only able to get a couple of runs in.

I'm heading up there in a week or so and was thinking about giving it another shot for 4-5 hours.

Anybody know of any discounts for lift tickets?
Philip
Beginner

GreshamB wrote:
Jongs are from TGR....noobs are from SkiNC, and you are neither....TD might could step in here for that answer

"noobs" it is then.
teledave
Expert

I know of know discounts to be had up at Ober. Let me know when you are coming up and we'll make some turns together. I might be able to scrounge up a freebie as well, just depends on the situation at the time.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
Philip
Beginner

teledave wrote:
I know of know discounts to be had up at Ober. Let me know when you are coming up and we'll make some turns together. I might be able to scrounge up a freebie as well, just depends on the situation at the time.

Appreciate the invite and help. I plan on skiing the 18th. Still haven't figured out exactly what time we'll be up, but more than likely we'll be part of the late afternoon crowd.

I may bring the Mrs. along on this trip. We're chaperoning a teen church group that weekend up in Gatlinburg. I figured I'd rather spend a couple of hours on Mogul Ridge instead of taking old time photos and eating fudge. Plus, my wife and I are heading to Summit Co in the beginning of March, and I thought I'd let her sharpen her skills before we left. You know THE skills: picking up her yard sale in less than five minutes, seeing how long it takes to put her ski back on, applying the proper amount of chap-stick, etc.

If you hear of any deals, please drop a private message. Assuming the Mrs does come along, I wouldn't want to subject you to the same torture I endure every ski season.

Once again, I appreciate the help.
Philip
Beginner

Having a wife that skis has its benefits/disadvantages.

But, because she enjoys skiing, she gets jealous when I make ski trips without her.

Thus, my punishment for my week in Tahoe with they boys is an extended weekend in Summit Co with her.

Life could be worse.
teledave
Expert

Phillip, I'm good to ski with you & your wife anytime. I get plently of ski days and I enjoy slowing down and meeting people. I'll get in touch with you later next week. I'm gonna head up there with my daughter on FR and I'll see what I can figure out with the powers that be.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
Philip
Beginner

GreshamB wrote:

waynecash wrote:

I hear you Philip, skiing with my wife (at home) is fun...

Watch out for those moguls!
jeffryc
Expert

Ober always works great for me. My wife likes to ice skate & shop so she couldn't care less how long I ski.
SkiCop
Expert

Is it bad that I actually enjoy skiing with my wife. It just means I get to go more. :D
SkiCop
Expert

Better not bring her to Cloudmont then, they have all blacks there.