The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
SkiCop
Expert

Myself and UABSkiBum are considering a trip to The Cloudmont on Friday night for what may be the last chance to experience the best ski resort in Alabama this season. Anyone else intrested?
jbc28
Expert

I will go if I am finished with work by then. I need to tune up a bit, because I will be at Keystone Sunday night :D
bamapilot
Expert

AAARRRRGGGggghhhhh!!! Why is it that when it was warm out and THE CLOUDMONT was closed I had all those days off, now that they are open I'm flying every freaking day, this sucks. Right now I'm scheduled to fly Friday, not sure if I'm going to New Orleans or Mrytle Beach.... I just want to summit the 'mont. Why must it be so hard??? :cry:
snowbird
Advanced

bc they wanna not have a cloudmont summit. it wouldnt be the same as the utah summit, so they say make cloudmont as hard as possible to have a summit at.
bamapilot
Expert

Just another example of "the man" trying to keep us down. :x
Think Snow
Intermediate

GreshamB wrote:
The 'mont ski report for 2/6/06....

Monday Feb 6, 2006, OPEN!!!

Six inches of additional snow. One slope open. The mountains are beautiful with snow everywhere.

Way to sack up boys....way to sack up...

it actually says 6-10 inches of new snow. Is that 6-10 inches of REAL snow?
bamapilot
Expert

I think they got 6 inches of wet natural snow on Sunday night, the 6-10 for last night was probably manmade. They are such a small area that they can lay down alot of snow in a short period of time. One advantage for being small I guess.
SkiCop
Expert

Bump for the Mont.
bamapilot
Expert

Way to bring it to the top where it belongs Skicop.
UABSkiBum
Beginner

I'm there. I am going to try my best to get out of Pell City around 3:30pm and head up to Mentone. There is a place up there called Dessie's to eat some dinner. Plus my wife wants fried pickles and they have some good ones (I guess- I hate pickles). Anyone else in on the chaos????