The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
bamapilot
Expert

I just talked to the powers that be and they are open, 1/2 slope. Anything is better than nothing. They will only get better as we get into the week with snow forcast for tonight and temps in the low 20's to even high teens for the next 10 days. It's time boys and girls, later this week or early next week, it's ALABAMA SUMMIT TIME!!! Hopefully by then they will be 100%. :D :D :D
admin

cloudmont pics are in high demand.
skiing rules
Expert

100% isnt saying much
UABSkiBum
Beginner

bamapilot wrote:
I just talked to the powers that be and they are open, 1/2 slope. Anything is better than nothing. They will only get better as we get into the week with snow forcast for tonight and temps in the low 20's to even high teens for the next 10 days. It's time boys and girls, later this week or early next week, it's ALABAMA SUMMIT TIME!!! Hopefully by then they will be 100%. :D :D :D

I might be able to make it on Friday night. However, the next storm system might prevent any travel here in the deep south! !
bamapilot
Expert

skiing rules wrote:
100% isnt saying much

How many other states do you know in the southeast that can go from nothing to 100% open in less than a week. :)

I don't think I can make it friday, :cry: I have a flight to New Orleans friday afternoon. Work really sucks when it gets in the way of fun.
SkiCop
Expert

Just name it. I would prefer to have at least one slope open from the top. Other than that, I'll try to make it whenever.
SkiCop
Expert

Their website says they are closed, but those in the know pick up the phone and get the real scoop. Way to go BP.
bamapilot
Expert

I try to keep up with the most groundbreaking news. And I'm here to spread the word. 8)
SkiCop
Expert

Great.
SkiCop
Expert

Back to the top where it belongs.