The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
jamsandwich
Expert

lets see some pics.

isnt that place like 100 ft vertical and 1 run?
SkiCop
Expert

Two runs, with much vertical.
bamapilot
Expert

The next day I don't have to fly, I'm going to THE CLOUDMONT. With epic conditions how can we pass this up???
SkiCop
Expert

No red blooded American should miss this, the opportunity of a lifetime.
n_alabamaskier
Advanced

jamsandwich wrote:
lets see some pics.

isnt that place like 100 ft vertical and 1 run?

150ft vert with a top elevation of 1800ft up on Lookout Mtn. has two runs b/c the J-bar splits it up into 2 seperate runs
SkiCop
Expert

Like I said earlier, much vert.
jeffryc
Expert

Last time I went, I got some strange looks driving over in that area with ski racks. I actually had some guy at a gas station a few miles from Cloudmont ask what they were. I hadn't been back in a few years. I mainly went just to be able to say I'd skied Bama!
SkiCop
Expert

Things are looking good for Friday night. The weather is even going to cooperate. Lows below freezing every night. It may not be Utah, but hey, Utah ain't Alabama neither. If it's decent, I may try to back on Saturday. Everyone who can come on down. You're the next contestant on the Mont is Tight.
bamapilot
Expert

Saturday at THE CLOUDMONT may be awsome, they are forcasting flurries for Sat. Epic conditions. Where have we heard that before..... :roll:
SkiCop
Expert

Right here on the SkiNC message board. Booooooomber. Epic.