The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
Air_Cutter
Beginner

waynecash wrote:
Ok Cat is closer to me than Wolf, But really now, CAt is known for having a great snow making system, Wolf is not.

Cat and Wolf are about the same distance from me. I'd like to meet you guys somewhere at least once this year. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it today.
SkiCop
Expert

Be there or be square.
admin

Air_Cutter wrote:

waynecash wrote:
Cat has consistently made snow this year and better, they have a great little mountain going there. They were the first to make snow and hold it for the year. Wolf is out in the middle of no where versus Cat. And Wolf has crappy snow. Always have..

What is this crappy snow you speak of? There is only crappy snow in the spring and that is everywhere you ski (almost). Now if you say, "I like Cat because it's closer to me." I can understand. But that doesn't mean it's better.

I have to calrify one thing. I like to escape gravity on the slopes and the Wolf has always been more conducive to that part of my skiing. I am always able to get away with it there. But maybe things have changed the past few years since boarding has come about with the parks and such and people getting away with it more. I used to get in trouble jumping before park terrains took off and not because of out of control behavior, but because of them thinking what is this crazy person doing...

The Wolf is better, only if natural conditions are perfect. And it isnt a weekend...There crew doesnt do good with manmade snow, and if it is windy all the powder blows away on most slopes...you get a mountain of ice instead of snow...that is what he meant by bad snow... As far a crowds...they dont know how to work a lift line...If there is any kinda sizable crowd then the lines all bottle neck bc they dont split their lines...Really they just havent figured out how to maintain a mountain without natures help...Great terrain, bad conditions 90% of the season.
NCBoarder22
Beginner

i live closer to the wolf than i do CAT, yet i still chose to get a job at CAT instead...........that should speak for itself
Air_Cutter
Beginner

SkiCop wrote:
Be there or be square.

What is the date? Feb 25-26? If so I can't make it...I'm going to the Atlanta SX that weekend. That's going to be a spectacular time too!