The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
skiatlanta
Advanced

Stone mountain is not a state park. If it were a state park, it woulnd't be filled with all those useless, annoying tourist attractions.

I think a small to medium turf mountain could make a decent amount of money put in the right area. For atlanta:Right near discover mills mall. They could use an existing hill to help build up the mountain. They could build a few runs too. Like ones with moguls and steeper slopes, beginner areas and a massive terrain park.

Putting a fake turf halfpipe and filling it with snow when its available won't work. Once the snow is put on it, especially on the top, steep part, it will just slough off. I don't understand why everyone wants a pipe so much or even thinks it is possible. Having a pipe in the southeast wont work. It requires to much snow, and without a pipe dragon to cut it and make it nice, it won't be fun to ride. It will just be really icy and sketchy like snowshoes pipe.
skiing rules
Expert

i was kidding about the thing on stone mtn, it would be a funny thought though, and logan is wrong, the pastic ski hill shoud be made in alpharetta so i dont have t drived far.
skiatlanta
Advanced

no, discover mills is closer to me, so it must be built there.
skiing rules
Expert

no,alpharetta is a much better location, besiedes i dont wanna get mugged on my way to go ski
SkiCop
Expert

For those that don't know, Wayne has this nifty watch that is a wrist worn weather station and navigational system. I tried to lift it from him today, but he never would hold my hand............