The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
NCBoarder22
Beginner

im anywhere from a 3-6 handicap. hey mr scratch golfer.............the course i work at held the NC STATE AM this year. were you one of the 144 that didn't break par the entire weekend? lol............tough course for only being 6600 yards
admin

no...i didnt play in that this year. I have been playing professionally for the lasy 2 years. I decided it was time to get a real job so I got out of the golf business. I will be getting the status back in April though so I might give it a go this summer if I can get off work. I did play in it 3 years in a row and made the cut ever time. :D
mondaylady
Beginner

KEWL!!

Way to go, toast!!
NCBoarder22
Beginner

and exactly what tour would this be?? im not talking putt-putt here
Tmiller72
Expert

Jsalford79 wrote:
no...i didnt play in that this year. I have been playing professionally for the lasy 2 years. I decided it was time to get a real job so I got out of the golf business. I will be getting the status back in April though so I might give it a go this summer if I can get off work. I did play in it 3 years in a row and made the cut ever time. :D

What tours did you play on? I played professionally also full time for 3 years. I got my am status back about 2 years ago now. i haven't touched a club since early dec. BTW, if you just stopped playing, how are you able to get your am status back so quick? USGA made me wait 3 years.
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
admin

my status.......9 Hdcp

live on the course.....im a member and i still dont play more than twice a month :cry:
admin

I was playing in the carolinas section pga tournements. I won 7 pro-ams during the time I was playing. They just changed the rule this past year...say maybe october, that if your a pro for less than 5 years you only have to sit out for one year.. :P
Tmiller72
Expert

Jsalford79 wrote:
I was playing in the carolinas section pga tournements. I won 7 pro-ams during the time I was playing. They just changed the rule this past year...say maybe october, that if your a pro for less than 5 years you only have to sit out for one year.. :P

Oh, section tournaments. Oh yeah, I did read about that rule change.
2019-20

admin

I would had tried the tarheel tour and others such as that but they are somewhat expensive to enter. You about have to win the tourney to make any money. Anything less you might break even or lose money.
Tmiller72
Expert

Jsalford79 wrote:
I would had tried the tarheel tour and others such as that but they are somewhat expensive to enter. You about have to win the tourney to make any money. Anything less you might break even or lose money.

Tell me about it, I've played on just about every mini tour there is.
2019-20