The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
afrobigfoot
Expert

Im just saying, you still could have updated us about long term forecasts and stuff.

Or just posted regularly like all the other members, you dont have to talk about the weather just cause youre a meteorologist :D were not going to shoot you
Tmiller72
Expert

wxbrad wrote:
The more significant snow could come Monday night into Tuesday with a major low forming in the Gulf of Mexico and heading for the Carolinas. By Monday and Tuesday the cold air will be established across the region so any moisture will fall as snow, the questions are will the storm track too far from the mountains. Could be snow across the piedmont of the Carolinas and Virginia and not so much for the mountains.

Even if the storm track keeps the major snowstorms away from the higher terrain there’s this one saving grace. With the polar vortex set up ad send waves of cold air down. Each eave will have an upper air disturbance with it call a vort max. These will be coming down in Northwest flow so each one could flare up the Northwest snow showers. I actually think with these cold northwest flow the mountains might not see a huge dump of snow all at once but just a persistent light snow showers pattern that could last for days. So while the snow won’t pile up all at once, by the end of next week the mountains may have gotten 12-15” spread out over the whole week.

Stay tuned….. and good skiing!

Brad

I'm assumming that the 12-15" by the end of the week isn't gonna happen? Nothing more than flurries is forecasted until the late weekend. Was this a bust? :wink:
2019-20

Beech: 10
Snowshoe: 3
Alta: 2
Brighton: 1
Solitude: 1
Jackson Hole: 2
teledave
Expert

wxbrad wrote:
Been gone since Decmber cause January was a compplete dud! Now that things are cranking up here I am! :-)

I mean what did you want me to say during January it was windy and rainy, not excatly great skiing weather eh?

Brad

Yeah, thats exactly what we expect you to say if thata what the forecast is. We don't want some candyass skierfied weather forecast, what we want is the real deal. If it's gonna be rainy and 33 we want to know without the prediction of 12 inches of snow if the temps drop 5 degrees more when nobody expects them too.

I will say that weather forecasting here is probably harder than anywhere else in the country though. We are always plus/minus 3 degrees between pouring rain and a blizzard. Props to you weather guys that hang it out there and actually try to make a prediction. I always plan on crap, and if its good then its good.
Plans for 2015: To ski more than you
ski11
Intermediate

waynecash wrote:
Well we were out for the GroundHog if he had not done as we told him to.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah we were. i even had my grenades ready :D