The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
chrisa
Beginner

slightly advanced skier, level 3 (at least in my mind)

I'll be taking 14 yr old triplets along for the ride and they ski circles around me here in NC
g8erhater
Advanced

chrisa wrote:
slightly advanced skier, level 3 (at least in my mind)

I'll be taking 14 yr old triplets along for the ride and they ski circles around me here in NC

If I were you at that level, I would probably not consider JH. Wait to make that trip until you can truly enjoy all of the terrain. Any of the SLC or Summit County resports would probaby be what you are looking for.
snowbird
Advanced

sugar mtn nc, thats the best place out west period.
admin

chrisa wrote:
Need to plan a trip west. Where do I go and better yet where do I not go.

If its this winter, you gotta go to SLC to ski the LCC/BCC. Alta, Bton, Sol etc. I go wheels up in 1 week and its killing me that I am missing the storms that are dumping there right now! But there will be more...
snowbird
Advanced

yeah,

we only got 13 inches over night and we are about to head up to lcc in the next half hour. kinda sucks doesnt it???

oh well what can we do, we have only had powder days every day so far since we have been here and we are on day 6. so thats 5 in a row and now 6 with the 13 over night.
joshinboone
Beginner

i'd hit up summit county, CO this year for sure. they have had an epic amount of snow so far and you can always rely on having great skiing in that area. Vail, breckenridge, keystone, copper. Jackson hole is also having a great year. Not to mention tahoe is pretty sickter right now. ohh the options, choose wisely my man and you will have a great time.
TNKen
Intermediate

'Bird, you guys dragged up to Powder Mountain yet?

Ken
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

Dont you love a smart a$$
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
Colorado Widespread Panic
Beginner

If you want MAXIMUM satisfaction, the resort that you choose to visit should be the resort that most closely fits your style.

You can go to a place that is a notorious powder magnet: WolfCreek, Steamboat, Alta, Snowbird, Purgatory, etc.

You can go to a place that specializes in beginners: Keystone, Breck.

You can go to a place that is cheap and "no frills": Montana Snowbowl, Copper Mt, Winter Park, ABasin.

You can go to a place that is notorious for night life: Vail, Breck

Or you can stay in a town between several choices: Bozeman, Frisco CO

Lots of options. It depends on what you like, and what you want to spend.
admin

i don't think you can go wrong wherever you go this year. you'll have a great time regardless of where you go.