The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
mondaylady
Beginner

Well, sadly I got let go from my job after 6 weeks (They said I wasn't catching on fast enough, but there are two sides to every story). I wish them well in finding a replacement.

I'm taking what's left of my paycheck and heading up to the mountains today and tomorrow.

I'm taking advantage of the midweek discounts at the hotel where I'm staying. It's about $50 per night cheaper this time of year.

I'm getting the military discount at Sugar. It's about $30 less than their weekend rates.

I'm bringing my own food so as not to have to pay for a soggy $10 cheeseburger (and wait in line for an hour).

This will be my first (hopefully not last) time up this year.

Mike, it's up to you what to do with this post. I just had to get this off my chest.

If anybody's at Sugar on Thursday, I'll see you there.
outdoor wood
Intermediate

Hoorah Monday, go tear it up.

Better things are in the near future for ya
nicski
Beginner

Sorry about the job. GO SKI :D
SKISC
Expert

You never know what the future holds. I am sure it will be better for you. Just don't do a lot of crying on the slopes. It might melt what little snow is there. Have fun and good luck.
hnhbaxter
Expert
Tagline: Old School Hall Monitor

Sounds like a great plan. Wash that mess right out of your hair and enjoy being alive and skiing.
If you want big air out of me, pull my finger
g8erhater
Advanced

Hook it up on the slopes. Forget those chumps.
mondaylady
Beginner

SKISC wrote:
Just don't do a lot of crying on the slopes. It might melt what little snow is there.

Thanks, SCSKI. Don't worry; I'm not going to give them the satisfaction. Dealt with too many mean people in my life. It's been said that the best form of revenge is a life well-lived. I'll get up and running again just to spite the ******s. To me it's the best (and least violent) way of saying YOU DIDN'T WIN!!

I don't mind a thin base as long as it's maneuverable. In fact I prefer spring conditions. Just my opinion.
SKISC
Expert

Too many mean people in the world in general. Try to live everyday like it is your last and they are usually pretty fun days. Except for the work part. That sucks.
MSDOG
Expert

I SAY LETS GET SOME SKINC FOLKS (THE DOG WILL LEAD THE PACK) AND GO KICK SOME ARSE UP THERE. THEY DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE MESSING WITH. SOMETHING BETTER WILL COME ALONG ML, IT ALWAYS DOES. HANG IN THERE.
admin

MondayLady....this could make you an official ski bunny!