The End of an Era...We are Shutting Down the Messageboard

The messageboard is now in read-only mode and no new posts or topics can be created. We will leave the messageboard up for historical purposes, but you will not be able to make new posts or comment on existing ones.

We have started a Discord server and hope that you all will join us on there. Technology has changed over the years and maintaining the messageboard has become somewhat of a pain in the butt and Discord offers many features for users, the main one being a very polished mobile app.

We really hope you all will join us on Discord and think you will like the platform. Use the invite link below to join.

https://discord.gg/skisoutheast

Converse on all ski and snowboard subjects - All things skiing, snowboarding, Q&A, gear, etc.

Please attempt to keep all comments within this forum related to skiing or snowboarding related content.

Profanity and Comments STRONGLY Monitored and enforced. (Keep it Clean! G-Rated)
admin

too bad ski bunnies don't co-migrate with bratwurst shacks. that'd be paradise.
2slikstix
Expert
Tagline: Tree Whore

pagamony You in Durham? I fly through off of 98 Hwy to 70/85 headed to sugar all the time. we ought to ride up on weekday when its nasty here. I cant work when it is raining here and snowing in the Mtns.
"You mean there is Two of them??"
"it's about 10 very heavy inches. I can drive it but it sure will be slow"
skiing rules
Expert

let me tell you, that upper cliff hanger looks SCARY!! :lol:
pagamony
Advanced

2slikstix - yep, I live right off I-40 @ 751, work in Cary. Sharing a ride would be cool though i generally need a few days notice to plan a day off - too many commitments pile up during the week.

you pref sugar to wg? i'd like to visit sugar again since it has been so long - just have bad memories of heinous lift lines.

this thread is becoming a local hole - note that swix007 is durham also.
porter
Advanced

pagamony wrote:
photos are misleading since they are usually axially directed with the slope instead of the horizon.

Maybe, but the stance of the boarder below you suggests that's got the degree of steeepness of a beginner slope.
admin

porter, if i'm not mistaken, the boarder is actually located just before the lip of the upper cliffhanger. you can just see the lip beyond the boarder. indeed, that dude is probably sweatin' the little drop he's got in front of him!

as for the local durham thread, i, too, would like to get to sugar or cat, preferably cat, before the end of the season, so keep me in the loop. i'm right off 15-501, between 40 and 85.
pagamony
Advanced

you guys that have not been should go - check the forecasts and slope conditions. as swix says, that photo does not do it justice. it's not extreme by any means, but it is definatley not a greenie.

swix, slick, lets try to run it. winter might return next week making the next look promising. might/also could try to make the nc summit at beech.
admin

good call. i'd like to try to make the SkiNC summit 2/25, 2/26. i have no strong desire to get to wintergreen again this year. more snow bunnies in the smokies!!
admin

'nuff said. mmm. i'm getting hungry.
g8erhater
Advanced

^^^ That is a sweet shot of your crustache!^^^ Very Wooderson-esque from Dazed and Confused.